Students entering Kindergarten can look forward to a fabulous summer of fun at Giddens Summer BLAST Camp!
Each week new friends, great programs, and fascinating themes make Giddens a great place for children to explore all the fun that summer has to offer.
Our program is organized into two sessions: a MORNING program and an AFTERNOON program.
A FULL DAY registration includes both MORNING and AFTERNOON programs:
- Our MORNING program is made up of ACADEMY and ENRICHMENT classes.
- ACADEMY classes are led by Giddens teachers who offer content on a topic of their own interest and passion.
- ENRICHMENT classes are specialized programs led by our very best enrichment partners.
- Our AFTERNOON program is theme-based (with specific focuses on science and social studies) and led by highly capable and nurturing teachers.
A HALF DAY registration includes only MORNING programming.
It is our goal to create a robust summer program while maintaining our high standards for risk mitigation. In the summer months, we are excited to take advantage of good weather and be outdoors as much as possible. Students will be grouped according to grade and not mix with other students while indoors. Students will have contact with a morning teacher, afternoon teacher, and a recess/lunch supervisor outdoors. While outdoors, students may interact with other grades while maintaining physical distancing and handwashing protocols. We will be monitoring COVID numbers in our area and may make decisions as we get closer to the summer that slightly change the structure of camp.
All vaccine-eligible students, instructors, and support staff will be required to be fully vaccinated. Families may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement for their student for medical or religious reasons. For students who have a medical or religious exemption, a negative PCR test must be provided before the camp start date for each camp session.
Class sizes will remain small, students will continue to distance, wear masks, wash hands and surfaces frequently, and have ample outdoor time to mitigate risk. Because of this, we have limited space available.
$265 (per week)
$450 (per week)
The MORNING PROGRAM includes:
- academy or enrichment class programs
- snack and outside recess
The AFTERNOON PROGRAM includes:
- choice activities
- themed activities and projects
- outside recess