Join us for conversations about parenting, equity and inclusion. We're excited to share research and a forum for conversation for our community. All are welcome!
Positive Discipline with Alison Bower at October 17, 2019, 6:00 pm
- Learn useful parenting techniques that are applicable immediately in your home and that suit your family's core values
- Learn how you can begin using more effective communication now and for the long-term relationships you have with your children
- FInd out more about how to continue your professional development for this very important job
Alison Bower is an experienced teacher, administrator, curriculum designer and certified parent educator. Through her professional experience working with families, businesses and schools, Alison has seen that children feel better, respect is built, and relationships are strengthened when parents have proper support and good information. Organizations for which Alison either teaches ongoing classes or gives presentations include Starbucks Headquarters, The Gates Foundation, Expedia, The Washington Federation of Independent Schools, Villa Academy, Giddens School, John Stanford International School, MOPS and more. Come and see what it can feel like to have the tools you need to parent well and build community in the process!
Talking with Children & Youth About Race with Caprice D. Hollins, Psy.D. on March 26, 2020 at 6:00 pm
- Learn how young people see and understand race.
- Discover ways to support healthy ethnic identity development in young people.
- Practice strategies for talking with young people about countering bias.
Caprice D. Hollins, Psy.D. is co-founder of Cultures Connecting. She was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. She received a B.A. in psychology from Seattle University and M.A. and Psy.D. degrees in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis in Multicultural and Community Psychology from California School of Professional Psychology―LA. She became licensed in Washington State in 2000 and has over 20 years of experience studying and working with ethnically diverse populations. Her experience includes opening and Directing the Department of Equity & Race Relations for Seattle Public Schools. Dr. Hollins is currently an Affiliate Professor of Counseling at The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology. She works hard to balance her passion and commitment to equity and social justice while at the same time raising a family with her husband, Gary Hollins. Together they have two children, and she has three adult step children and two grandchildren. Learn more about Caprice.