Tours and Open Houses
Visit us and see what inspired teaching and learning look like at Giddens School.
Tours are an exciting part of the admissions process and are encouraged. Small group tours offer the opportunity to personally ask questions and experience our classrooms and community.
For families interested in our early childhood program (preschool and pre-k), small group tours of Giddens School are available from 9:00-11:00 am on the following Tuesday mornings:
October 2, 16, and 30
December 4 and 18
For families interested in our elementary program (kindergarten-5th grades), small group tours of Giddens School are available from 9:00-11:00 am on the following Tuesday mornings:
October 9, and 23
November 6 and 27
If you have already started an application in Ravenna, please register for a tour there. Otherwise, please use our quick form on the right side of this page.
After January 9, we invite you to schedule an individual tour. Please contact the admissions office for available times.
Open houses offer an opportunity to visit Giddens School, hear from students, administrators, and teachers; and learn about the admissions process. Giddens hosts two open houses between fall and winter. All open houses have refreshments, and children are welcome.
- November 17, 2018, 10:00 am - noon
- January 12, 2019, 10:00 am - noon
If you have already started an application in Ravenna, please register for an open house there. Otherwise, please use our quick form on the right side of this page.
RSVP is not required, but is appreciated.
Independent School Fairs
- Independent School Fair for People of Color — October 10, 2018 6:00-8:00 pm, Rainier Community Center
- Eastside Independent School Fair — October 14, 2018 2:00-4:00 pm, Chinook Middle School
- Seattle Independent School Fair — October 16, 2017 6:00-8:00 pm, Northgate Community Center
- Spring Independent School Fair – April 28, 2019 2:00–3:30 pm, Garfield Community Center