Join us for conversations about parenting, equity and inclusion. We're excited to share research and a forum for conversation for our community. All are welcome!
Birds & Bees
May 4, 2017 | 6:00 - 7:30
The birds and the bees can be tough to talk about but with a little information, some careful thought and planning it’s possible to have comfortable and effective conversations that help your kids make good decisions.
You will discover:
- Why you need to start the conversation way earlier than you think
- Who has the most influence over your kids’ decision making
- The number one way to keep your kids healthy + safe
- The best way to start the conversations
- Why knowing your values is key to talking to your kids
- Tips for making the talks easy, fun and actually happen!
About Amy Lang, MA
Since 2005, award-winning parenting expert, speaker and author Amy Lang, MA, has been helping parents of all beliefs turn conversations they dread into a regular (and fun) part of their family lives.
Register for Childcare
Intersection of Class and RaceFebruary 2, 2017 | 6:00 - 7:30
Join Anita Garcia Morales, Senior Trainer from ClassAction for a session on the intersection between class and race. Anita grew up in a migrant farmworker family. She received her BA and Teaching Degree from the University of Washington. She taught in Seattle Public Schools for over 20 years and is currently an Instructional Services Coach for Social Studies and Race & Equity. Anita is also a Courage & Renewal Facilitator and a Positive Discipline Associate reaching out to mostly immigrant Latino families. The common thread that runs through all that Anita does is her focus on social justice and equity. She has co-facilitated many class and classism workshops for varied organizations in the Seattle area.
Register for Childcare
Making Homework Work
November 3, 2016 | 6:00 – 7:30
Many parents struggle at least occasionally, and some regularly, with their child over homework. Learn what you can do to minimize homework stress and how to help make homework time more positive for you and your child. Our goals for this Speakers Series talk are to share:
- information on the latest trends and research on homework
- ideas for how best to support your child's homework efforts
- tips for how to communicate and collaborate effectively with teachers about homework